- Since the news broke that President Donald Trump contracted COVID-19, accurate information about his illness has been hard to come by.
- White House officials and the president’s doctors have not been straightforward about the Trump’s condition and the timeline of his diagnosis.
- Here is a breakdown of their contradictions so far.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
News broke that President Donald Trump had tested positive for the coronavirus with a tweet he posted at 12:54 a.m. ET on Friday. In the days since, statements from the White House and Trump’s own physician have muddied the waters, and the public is still largely in the dark about the state of the president’s health.
Here is a breakdown of the contradictions and cover-ups surrounding Trump’s illness.
- In an interview with Fox News on Thursday night, Trump told host Sean Hannity he had just learned that his adviser, Hope Hicks, tested