Silk is a gorgeous fabric and its beauty is difficult to beat. However knowing the pros and cons should ensure that it is used where its best features can be enjoyed for a long time.
Silk – Pros
- Strength: Silk in the strongest natural fiber in the world. It has particularly good tensile strength which means it’s able to withstand great pulling pressures.
- Texture: Everyone knows how nice silk is to touch, it has a smooth, soft texture that unlike many synthetic fibers is not slippery.
- Elasticity: Silk fiber is very elastic. It can stretch up to 20% of its original length before breaking. And unless its elasticity is tested frequently it will bounce back to original size.
- Resilience: Silk fabrics are moderately wrinkle resistant which makes them great for both clothing and is an interior designer dream.
- Drapability: Silk curtains have the wow factor. They are so popular because