Selling your home is a huge endeavor — so big that you might not think of all the details surrounding the sale, such as the home’s furnishings. If you’re looking to maximize profits, consider selling your furniture, because it’s worth something too. But is this the right move for you?
Making a furniture plan
Furniture is often an afterthought in the home selling process. But it’s a big consideration and deserves some thought before you list. Here are some possibilities for what to do with it:
- Sell your furniture with the home.
- Bring it with you when you move.
- Have an estate or garage sale.
- List it online, such as on Facebook (NASDAQ: FB) Marketplace or Craigslist.
- Sell it through a consignment sale.
- Donate it.
Let’s explore what you should know about selling a furnished home. If you decide that isn’t your best option, you can always choose one (or