DUBLIN–(Business Wire)–The “Tissue Paper Market – Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020-2025)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
With the global average consumption per person per year reaching to 55kg, the global tissue paper market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.45% during 2020-2025.
According to RISI, Tissue production globally should exceed 44 million tonnes in 2021, an increase of more than 14 million tonnes over 2010. Advancements in tissue manufacturing technology and the efficient use of raw materials will lead to improving both the design of tissue products and the way they are dispensed.
- Clearwater Paper Corporation
- Kruger Products
- Sofidel Group
- Wausau Paper Corp.
- Cascades Tissue Group Inc.
- Procter & Gamble
- Asia Pulp and Paper (APP)
- SCA (Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget)
- Georgia Pacific LLC
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
Key Market Trends
Bathroom Tissue to Occupy the Maximum Growth Demand
- Among all the tissue paper products, bathroom tissue remains the key tissue category, driving the tissue market forward through a combination of necessity and the general westernization of toilet culture. Increased development of organic tissue papers, rising disposable incomes, and government policies to promote public health are also some of the major factors driving the growth of the market.
- There is a sudden spike in the demand for tissue papers due to the ongoing spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. The manufacturers of these tissues are producing 20% more than the normal levels which might strain the supply chain.
- On the other hand, increasing raw material prices are a significant factor that is negatively impacting the growth of the market for bathroom tissue all over the world. Moreover, the new innovative products, such as electronic dryers, are impacting the growth of the market.
- In the long run, high-tech toilets based on water and air jetting with several additional functions, including automatic lid opening, music, ozone deodorant systems and urinalysis, seem to have had some negative impact on bathroom tissue consumption.
North America to Hold the Maximum Market Share
- With an annual per capita consumption of 27kg, the average American consumer tops the world list when it comes to usage of tissue papers in volume terms. With the biggest subsector, toilet paper, already enjoying household penetration rates of close to 100%, pushing consumers towards the premium end of the market has become the chief driver of growth.
- The US consumer tissue market is also highly concentrated, with roughly 80% of sales in the hands of the top three manufacturers Kimberly-Clark, Procter & Gamble and Georgia-Pacific.
- Away-from-Home segment of the tissue market dominates the sales in this region. However, dwindling availability and deteriorating quality of recovered fiber are obliging tissue makers to use more virgin fiber.
- The manufacturers in the region are integrating with pulp companies in order to lower costs and increase the long term growth potential. Although such integrations can impact the market pulp capacity negatively impacting the tissue market. Fierce competition, with volume maturity and price pressure are also putting constraints on growth of the tissue market.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 Key Study Deliverables and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Market Drivers
4.4.1 Increased Spending on Hygiene
4.4.2 Technological Developments in Manufacturing Processes
4.5 Market Challenges
4.5.1 Slow Growth in The Market
4.5.2 Paper Production Impacts on The Environment
4.6 Assessment of Impact of Covid-19 on the Industry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Raw Material
5.1.1 Bleached Softwood Kraft Pulp (BSK)
5.1.2 Birch Hardwood Kraft Pulp (BHK)
5.1.3 High Yield Pulp (HYP)
5.2 Product Type
5.2.1 Bathroom Tissue
5.2.2 Paper Napkins
5.2.3 Paper Towels
5.2.4 Facial Tissues
5.2.5 Speciality and Wrapping Tissue
5.3.1 At Home
5.3.2 Away From Home
5.4.1 North America
5.4.4 Latin America
5.4.5 Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET TRENDS AND FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/sb5yr5
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900