Granite countertops are known for being both aesthetically and functionally appealing pieces for any kitchen or bathroom. Instead of hanging onto your old laminate, stainless steel, or wood countertops go for the classic and timeless look that comes with granite countertops. There are a lot of stipulations and stereotypes that come with granite countertops, but there are also ten reasons that adding granite countertops to your kitchen could be a great decision for you!
- Aesthetics: Granite is visually attractive, colorful, and a material that does not go out of style. Granite countertops will give your kitchen the extra personality it needs and deserves. This day and age, there are so many designs and colors to choose from that you are guaranteed to find the right granite style and color for you.
- Durable: Since granite is able to withstand extremely large amounts of pressure, heat, and water, this countertop style has the potential to last forever! Granite is perfect for that type of home where the kitchen is used frequently to cook and entertain.
- Maintenance: Granite requires hardly any type of maintenance to keep it looking brand new. Due to its durability, granite is easily cleaned with soap and water and frequent cleanings will keep it in tact for years to come.
- Variety: Granite comes in a wide variety colors, designs, and sizes. There are so many styles and types of granite that it will be easy for you to find the perfect style for your taste and your kitchen.
- Clean: As mentioned previously, granite is easily cleaned and maintained. As an added bonus, granite is known for its ability to resist bacteria and other unhygienic properties that could cause harm in your kitchen.
- Natural: Granite is a common type of rock found naturally in the environment. You can go green by selecting a product that doesn’t use plastic or other manmade pollutants during the manufacturing process.
- Friendly: The heat, pressure, and water resistant properties make granite a great countertop option for homes with children. With the durability of the rock, you won’t have to worry about children damaging the countertops by scratching or coloring on it which makes it a very friendly choice for a wide variety of home types.
- Unique: Because granite comes in several shapes, styles, and patterns it is safe to say that you will have a unique countertop that is unlike any other style of countertop and less likely to be duplicated by someone else interested in putting granite in their home.
- Resistant: Granite will last longer than any other countertop material with its heat and pressure resistant properties. While the initial price of the granite countertops may seem high, the long lasting durability of the countertops turns your purchase into an investment.
- Affordable: While granite may seem high priced at first, the price of granite is actually very affordable in the long run. Since granite does not require maintenance or repairs, this is a practical and affordable investment that comes with a one-time cost and not much cost in maintenance. Not to mention, right now Savvy is selling 8 different colors for $38 per square foot!
As you can see, granite is an affordable investment perfect for homes that love entertaining, homes with children, or homes looking to upgrade their aesthetics for the future. The timeless durability and low maintenance that comes with granite countertops practically pays for itself in the long run.