- Republicans and White House officials fear that President Donald Trump is headed for defeat, according to a series of recent reports.
- Some fear the GOP could lose control of the Senate in a “blue wave” of Democratic votes on November 3.
- The gloom from Republicans seems supported by polling data, which paints an increasingly negative picture for Trump.
- Trump’s much criticised performance in his debate with Joe Biden and, his behavior when diagnosed with COVID-19, are among factors said to be alienating voters.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Fears are growing in the Republican Party and White House that Democratic nominee Joe Biden may be on course for a landslide presidential election victory, according to multiple reports.